- Write down and bring any questions you have. We are here to help you.
- Wear loose, comfortable clothing for easy access to acupuncture points.
- Do not eat large meals just before or after
- Refrain from overexertion, working out, drugs or alcohol for up to six hours after the visit.
- Avoid stressful situations. Make time to relax, and be sure to get plenty of rest.
- Between visits, take notes of any changes that may have occurred, such as the alleviation of pain, pain moving to other areas, or changes in the frequency and type of problems.
- Bull City Acupuncture3622 Lyckan Prkwy
Durham, NC 27707919-949-2676
HoursMon9am -5:30pmTue11am- 7pmWed9am - 5:30pmThu11am-7pmFri9am-4pm
- TestimonialsI’ve been going to Bull City Acupuncture for a couple of months for arthritis in my neck. I’ve been to chiropractors and physical therapists with no improvement. I now have more mobility and far less pain. I admit I was skeptical about going but I have had some amazing results! Jon Walker is caring and very thorough. Patti
Chronic Neck Pain from Arthritis was last modified: October 4th, 2019 by Jon E Walker
Early morning on a Midsummer day, my habitual response to a painful knee joint accelerated into excruciating pain. In shock and fear as I moved my foot a quarter of an inch, I felt intense sharp stabbing sensations in my right knee joint. Thus started a journey that included a suggestion for invasive surgery, incompetent and painful therapy, an option for a steroid shot that might or might not offer relief, and pain medications that potentially offered disastrous side effects if taken long term. Then a friend mentioned her recent acupuncture treatments that eliminated her back pain. Left with few good options, I decided to try Bull City Acupuncture. WOW! Sure am glad I did!
As I improved my diet (mainly reduction of sugar), added a few supplements, and biweekly acupuncture treatments, my painful knee began to heal. Acupuncture, which has become a touchstone of healing for my painful knee,... Read more »
I highly recommend Jon as an acupuncturist, and for much more as well. For, although acupuncture is at the heart of Jon’s practice, he is as well a longtime student of many branches of Asian medicine, and if you go to him with a specific complaint, Jon will look at you as a whole person and will suggest a variety of treatments that he thinks are likely to deal with your specific complaint by way of improving your overall health. Several that Jon used to help me were heat, electrical stimulation, and Chinese herbal teas. He also suggested changes in diet and activities. I think my overall health is now better because of Jon’s help. Chris
Improved my health was last modified: May 29th, 2019 by Jon E Walker
After suffering from severe back pain for a couple years, I found my pain was coming from a muscle pressing against my sciatic nerve. I tried several months PT with little relief. I was referred to Jon Walker. He started by working to loosen the muscle. I felt some relief after the first visit. After several more visits, his procedures have loosened the muscle to where my sciatic nerve is no longer causing back & leg pain. Thanks so much! Lana
Severe back pain for years was last modified: May 29th, 2019 by Jon E WalkerHi Jon, I just wanted to drop a quick note to say thanks for, well, everything over the last few weeks – being patient and compassionate while I was in pain, being persistent about finding a solution, being great at your job … For all of these things, I’m grateful. And, after our last session I’m thrilled to say that my hip/lower back is nearly pain-free. I even walked to work today! Thanks, L. B.
Walking pain free was last modified: May 16th, 2018 by Jon E Walker
- • Tips to Manage Fall Allergy Season •
- • Fall’s Best Comfort Food •
- • 3 Tips to Keep Mentally Healthy in Fall •